Under the supervision of the Security Manager and Security Supervisors, Security Officers are responsible for the overall security of all chips, monies and gaming equipment, as well as the safety of patrons, casino employees and volunteer workers.
Varied shifts, must be able to work overnight shifts
- Ensures that all monies and chips are safe guarded in accordance with policy.
- Provide escorts to Organization Chip Runners completing chip fills and/or credits to tables.
- Provide escorts whenever and wherever monies and chips are moved within the casino.
- Provide escorts to patrons and (after dark) staff, from the casino to their vehicles.
- Provide escorts and verification for large jackpot payouts.
- Maintain security at all public entrances while the Casino is open.
- Completes written reports on all incidents.
- Enforce AGLC Age Limit/Liquor Provisions, performing ID checks under 25.
- Identify and monitor suspected criminal activity.
- Conduct preventative exterior patrols, enforces casino policies.
- Provide prompt, courteous and friendly service to patrons and to fellow employee.
- Execute assigned duties in a positive and professional manner in accordance with Casino Terms and Conditions, Operating Guidelines and established company policies.
- Liaison with and provide assistance to the local police service.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all casino games and methods of cheating at play.
- Provide Medical Aid to patrons and employees.
- Control all Lost & Found items.
- Issue staff lockers to employees (Day Staff).
- Assist in the morning Slot Pull and evening Gaming and Poker Pulls.
- Provide coverage for Customer Service/Coat check when staff is on a break (checking coats, answering phones, paging patrons and employees, answering inquiries from patrons, etc.)
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by PURE Canadian Gaming.
- AGLC Smart Training Program Certification within 30 days of hire
- ProTect – SECURITY Staff Training
- ProServe – LIQUOR Staff Training
- Deal Us In Phase I – CASINO Staff Training
- Deal Us In Phase II – CASINO Staff Training
- Anti-Money Laundering (Prior to starting on the floor)
- Security Clearance and License preferred
- First Aid Certification preferred
- Note Book Training preferred
- FINTRAC Training preferred
- PPCT (Pressure Point and Control Tactics) and Hand Cuff Training considered an asset
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Morning huddles
- Customer Inquiries, customer service, conflict resolution
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching and prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
- Must be able to run for across the Casino in emergencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative and is a proactive strategic thinker with a strong focus on goals, setting priorities and time management
- Team player
- Able to lift and carry over 50lbs
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Please submit application to Reg Legarde – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org