Network and System Security Analyst
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Carry out daily maintenance and support for all wireless, communication, server, network, infrastructure and IT security.
- Identify and solve data communication problems and user performance issues.
- Participate in security incident response through in-depth, technical (log, forensic, malware, packet, etc.) analysis.
- Monitor Firewalls, and log correlation tools for potential threats
- Initiate escalation procedures to counteract potential threats and vulnerabilities
- Provide incident remediation and prevention documentation
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Recommend the application of controls, fixes, patches.
- Professional experience developing and implementing new security systems, security programs, protocols and maintenance of existing systems
- Keep up to date with information security solutions, including data loss prevention, intrusion detection and prevention, network security monitoring and vulnerability management
- You will research, recommend and implement changes to enhance all systems security
- Understand any current threats and trends in Information Security
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- At least two years of experience in managing and administering network security technologies such as firewalls, switches, network and host-based intrusion prevention, security information/event management, endpoint security, anti-virus/anti-malware, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols.
- Knowledge of IPSec, GRE tunnels, and traffic load balancing techniques.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with executives, vendors and department staff.
- Actively collaborates and pitches in when necessary to support team success
- Able to work on multiple activities at the same time, organizing and prioritizing as needed to accomplish goals
- Enables process improvement by stimulating ideas through discussion and collaboration
- Experience with network monitoring and packet analysis tools
- Knowledge of Windows system administration
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux logging capabilities
- Experience within a security/technical support environment using ticketing systems
- Project management skills
- Privacy, Security or Network certification (desirable)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com